journey TN-MI

MilesMile Markerhours
1321132.03
123791.89
1052511.62
753251.15
330.51
251080.38
7.58




Here is the updated list including the mile markers and the approximate driving distance from Nashville for each official northbound rest area along your route:
1. Kentucky (I-65 Northbound)
  • Lebanon Junction Rest Area
    • Location: I-65 North, Mile Marker 113
    • Distance from Nashville: ~132 miles
2. Indiana (I-65 & I-69 Northbound)
  • Taylorsville Rest Area
    • Location: I-65 North, Mile Marker 79 (Indiana markers reset at the state line)
    • Distance from Nashville: ~255 miles
  • Pipe Creek Rest Area
    • Location: I-69 North, Mile Marker 251
    • Distance from Nashville: ~360 miles
  • Auburn Rest Area
    • Location: I-69 North, Mile Marker 325 (Just north of Fort Wayne)
    • Distance from Nashville: ~435 miles
3. Michigan (I-69 North to I-94 West Corridor)
  • Coldwater Rest Area
    • Location: I-69 North, Mile Marker 10 (Michigan markers reset at the state line)
    • Distance from Nashville: ~468 miles
  • Marshall Rest Area
    • Location: I-94 West, Mile Marker 108 (Located just after you transition from I-69 North to I-94 West)
    • Distance from Nashville: ~493 miles

The major construction zones and traffic restrictions to plan around include:
1. Nashville / Sumner County, TN (I-65 Northbound)
  • The Project: The major I-65 Phase 3 Widening and Bridge Reconstruction project.
  • The Impact: Expect lane shifts and narrow lanes between mile markers 96 and 99 (just north of Nashville). Be aware that periodic rolling roadblocks and brief traffic halts occur on weekdays for ongoing blasting operations as crews expand the highway and rebuild overpass bridges. [1]
2. Downtown Louisville, KY (I-65 Central Corridor)
  • The Project: The massive, long-term I-65 Central Corridor Bridge Project replacing multiple aging overpasses south of downtown.
  • The Impact: While the full summer highway shutdown has concluded, I-65 remains a heavy construction zone. Traffic is restricted to only two open lanes in each direction between the Watterson Expressway (I-264) and Jefferson Street. Expect heavy bottleneck delays during rush hours, narrowed lanes, and various temporary ramp closures. [1, 2, 3]
3. Indianapolis Northeast Side (I-65 to I-69 Transition)
  • The Project: Ongoing lane additions, shoulder work, and pavement efficiency upgrades around the I-65 and I-465 interchanges.
  • The Impact: Speed limits are strictly reduced to 55 mph (and down to 45 mph when workers are present). Lanes are narrowed, and minor overnight lane closures frequently cause sudden backups where I-65 approaches the Indy metro loop. [1, 2]
4. Branch County, MI (I-69 Northbound)
  • The Project: A $1.9 million Michigan Department of Transportation concrete patching and joint resealing initiative.
  • The Impact: As soon as you cross the Indiana-Michigan state line, you will encounter a 15.4-mile active work zone extending from the border up to East Central Road (near the Coldwater Rest Area). Traffic is restricted to single-lane closures, which can bottleneck on weekend afternoons. [1, 2]
5. Marshall / Calhoun County, MI (I-69 to I-94 Interchange)
  • The Project: A massive, multi-year $210-million interstate rebuilding project stretching through Calhoun and Eaton counties.
  • The Impact: Right where you transition from I-69 North onto I-94 West to head toward Kalamazoo, expect significant traffic pattern shifts and crossovers. Traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction using temporary lane splits, and some local crossing county roads are closed over the highway. [1]

Comments

Popular Posts